Life story retold by Kim Reynolds
Sarah Watts née Bye was born in Silchester, Hampshire. She was possibly the daughter of James and Sarah Bye, who was baptised in Silchester on 31 August 1794.
She married William Watts in Silchester on 31 May 1823.
She is shown as Laundress in the 1851 census. No occupation given in 1861. Sarah died at the home of her son-in-law (ie James Herman) at 2 Ashmore Cottages, Letcombe Street, Reading, on 5 November 1870. (Death notice in the Reading Mercury, 12 Nov 1870)
She is buried with William, her daughter Lucy and Sarah, her son-in-law and other members of her family.
- England and Wales Censuses, 1841-1911
- 1939 England and Wales Register
- Birth, Marriage and Death Civil Registration Indexes
- Baptism, Marriage and Burial Records
- Newspapers: Reading Mercury, Meat Trades’ Journal and Cattle Salesman’s Gazetteer, Reading Observer, Reading Standard, Reading Evening Post, Westminster Gazette, Pall Mall Gazette
Buried in Section 49, Row A, Number 9